The Effects of Negativity

The Effects of Negativity

Negative emotions are powerful, very real and constant aspect of our daily lives.  By better understanding the sources, causes and role negativity plays, you can become a more adept manager of darker side of your nature.

Comments

1. Amy Steenbock 4 years ago
    I try to be a positive person. I have dealt with negative people and there have been times I have allowed myself to join in on their negativity. Now I try very hard to get them to see the positive side of the situation. Stay positive, take deep breaths and smile.
  2. Lisa Abel 4 years ago
    The best point I got from this is to get over it!!! Whether it's your own negativity or you be being influenced by someone else and their negativity. Leave it there and walk away. Don't take it with you, don't carry it. Deep breath, shake it off and move on. It's best for you mentally and physically. Now....... I just have to remember to do this.
  3. Lisa Erdmann 4 years ago
    I deal with people everyday and you never know how they are going to be when you pick up the phone!! In today's society there are a lot of "negative" people out there and sometimes all you have to do is listen to them so they can "vent". I will sometimes take it offensive but I have learned to step back and really think about what they said before anything is spoken.
  4. Gail Bartz 4 years ago
    Great to listen to these and think about your own life and what could be changed. I know I sure prefer to be with positive people.
  5. Dana Bessette 4 years ago
    I listened to this before, but forgot to blog. However, waiting gave a me good feed to tell you. This pertains to the work place. I was very busy, stressing, and the person on the other end of the phone (bank person) wanted something now. I told that person I was working on it, very busy, and that person told me they have other things to do. Now, I realize I probably took it wrong, as I told them I was busy and they did tell me to take my time, just don't forget. It was the wrong words at the wrong time, and how a stressed person can take it. But those wrong words at the wrong time can really ruin your day.
  6. Lynae Wudstrack 4 years ago
    I very much agree with what we learned in this CD and want to work harder at eliminating any negativity. When we think negatively, we speak negatively and bring others down. I have learned the importance of words and how we will bring to ourselves what we are speaking and thinking. "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." God used words to create the world, so that should tell us how important the effects of our words can be!
  7. Jessica Martens 4 years ago
    Most of the time I am a glass half full person. I liked the story about how heavy the glass is and also found it very interesting that for every negative comment you give to a person you will need to do 3 positives to level the playing field.
  8. Vicki Riska 4 years ago
    I think we all know and even maybe work with the Negative Nelly's of the world. I have to admit that I struggle with tolerating it sometimes but try my hardest to keep a positive attitude and hope it wears off on them. I also could relate to the part where he talked about weight gain due to stress or vice versa. It just so happens to be that many of the "negative" people in my life do struggle with their weight.
  9. Jeff Wilke 4 years ago
    With "half empty" type of people I always try to emphasize the half full side of the equation.
  10. Char Larsen 4 years ago
    I get frustrated with the glass is half empty. I am they type of person that believes in the half full analogy. Politics and the stock market make us look at the worst behavior of people everyday. Sometimes we just have to ignore it...and look on the bright side.
  11. Jackie Suehring 4 years ago
    I have a few negative Nancy's in my life. I try to look at the glass half full and not half empty. I wish they would too. I am trying to show them there are two sides to everything.
  12. Debbie Greenberg 4 years ago
    I have had medical issues because I have let things build up and then I get so upset because of the situation when truly I did not have too. I have learn to stop take ten deep breathes if that did not help take another ten deep breathes then speak (really still learning). Stress is truly a silent killer

Comments are closed.